|Center Ethanol Company, LLC |
Current Openings 08/08/17 11:05:51 AM
Lead Process Operator - Ethanol Experience Required
To apply for an open position please sumbit your resume with salary requirements to:
Sandy Frolik, Human Resources Manager
Lead Operator - Ethanol Experience Required
Summary: The Lead Process Operator is responsible for the supervision of plant operators assigned to their team. This position strives for maximum efficiency in plant operations and support through problem solving and working with other departments to correct process problems. The Lead Operator directs and coordinates the operation of the process by implementing changes as necessary. This position is responsible for optimizing plant run time as well as downtime while ensuring a quality end product. We operate on a 24 hour continuous schedule. This position works a 12 hour rotating shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Assumes responsibility for shift employees to ensure that all tasks are completely safely and correctly.
- Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that ethanol quality is within spec.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains accurate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant up-time, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA program and procedures.
- Maintains QA/QC records.
- Understands and interprets QA/QC results and takes appropriate action when required.
Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Evaluates and inspects all maintenance projects to ensure safety.
- Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with diagnosing and troubleshooting maintenance related issues.
Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Monitors all environmental parameters.
- Ensures that all incident reports are completed and transmitted.
Education and Pertinent/Proven Experience . The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma.
- Post secondary education, engineering degree, and /or a technical trade certificate is an asset.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in the operation of a drymill ethanol plant, or process manufacturing facility, Delta T experience a plus.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
Computer Skills :
- Must have the ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets is an asset.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50#.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations 175 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.