|Center Ethanol Company, LLC |
Current Openings 07/20/18 1:35:52 PM
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (E&I)
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (E&I)
Summary : The Electrical and Instrumentation Technician’s primary responsibility is the maintenance of plant process instrumentation and control systems. This includes: troubleshooting, repair, calibration, and preventive and predictive maintenance activities on pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, digital, analytical, distributed control, and programmable logic controller systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Performs all assignments safely, participates in creating a safe work environment within the work place by participating in safety training and supporting continuous improvement.
- Performs routine inspection, maintenance, replacements, repairs and calibrations on all types of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment in the power plant and yard.
- Installs, replaces and maintains a variety of devices such as breakers and motor controls up to and including 480 volts.
- Installs pipe, tubing, conduit, compression fittings, cable and supports.
- Performs all electrical work, installation, repair, and maintenance of plant equipment and transformers up to and including 480 volts.
- Understands and utilizes a variety of equipment and tools in the performance of trouble shooting, repair and calibration of electrical, control and instrumentation devices.
- Under normal conditions, performs own mechanical work in the performance of the E & I function.
- Performs basic rigging and scaffolding activities.
- Operates plant fixed and mobile crane/hoist equipment as qualified.
- Performs brazing, soldering, cutting, and electric arc welding work.
- Utilizes power hand and fixed shop tools in the performance of the work.
- Reads and understands blueprints for the purpose of lay out and performance of work. Makes necessary sketches and drawing for communication to others and documentation.
- Troubleshoots all electrical, control and instrumentation.
- Utilizes equipment manuals or other materials for guidance in the performance of repairs, calibrations and installation of equipment.
- Reports and documents abnormal conditions and records information in the equipment history files.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Performs regular maintenance technician duties on a regular basis.
- Documents maintenance activities, maintaining EPA records and assists engineering.
- Working beyond regular working hours as necessary.
- Responding favorably to call outs at night or on weekends.
Associate Degree in Instrumentation field or junior status in a 4 year Instrumentation degree program preferred. Alternately, we will consider an Associate Degree in Electronics technology, or successful completion of a formal program in the field of Process Instrumentation through military service or a crafts apprenticeship program.
- Must have the ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS). (Siemens PCS7 experience a plus)
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lb.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations up to 175 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Summary: Working under the Compliance Manager, responsible for implementing the quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.?
Assists in implementing plant QA/QC program
- Implements plant QA/QC program based on best practice in the ethanol industry by sampling various points in the process and conducting QA/QC tests as required.
- Monitors use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies
- Operates, maintains, and calibrates laboratory equipment
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for adjusting process conditions to ensure that QA/QC standards are met.?
Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all time
- Participates in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.?
- Assist to coordinates activities with other departments.
- Communicates directly with production department to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.?
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant clean line
Education and Pertinent/Proven Experience: The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.?
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree from two-year college in a related scientific or technical field.?
- Entry level position for a QA/QC laboratory in a process industry.?
- Entry level with implementing effective QA/QC programs.?
- Entry level with automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC, GC, and IC).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheet?
- Must have the ability to work effectively with computerized laboratory equipmen
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.?
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations greater than 175 fee
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.?
- The employee is regularly exposed to extremely dusty conditions.?
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.?
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.?
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
To apply please submit your resume with salary requirements to:
Sandy Frolik, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Center Ethanol Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match and Immediate Vesting.