Summary: The Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is to perform maintenance in an industrial processing plant which areas of knowledge include welding, millwright, electrical, air compressor, boiler operation and programmable logic systems. While assuring safe and efficient production by responding in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs all assignments safely, participates in creating a safe work environment within the work place by participating in safety training and supporting continuous improvement.
- Performs routine inspections, preventive/predictive maintenance, trouble shooting, repairs and replacements, on all pumps, valves/actuators, gear reducers, agitators, air compressors, boiler and controls such as pneumatic and electrical up to and including 480 volts.
- Install large diameter pipe, welding, cutting, fitting, threading, w/stainless experience desirable.
- Understands and utilizes a variety of equipment and tools in the trouble shooting and repair of electrical, pneumatic control devices.
- Performs basic rigging and scaffolding activities.
- Operates plant fixed and mobile crane/hoist, fork truck equipment as qualified.
- Performs TIG, MIG and electric arc welding, cutting, fitting and threading. Utilizes power hand and fixed shop tools in the performance of the work.
- Reads and understands blueprints for the purpose of lay out and performance of work. Makes necessary sketches and drawing for communication to others and documentation.
- Reports and documents abnormal conditions and records information in the equipment history files.
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Documents maintenance activities, maintaining EPA records and assists engineering.
Overtime requirements for this job include:
- Working beyond regular working hours as necessary.
- Responding favorably to call outs at night or on weekends.
Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certification (millwright, electrician, welder, pipefitter, etc.)
Pertinent and Proven Previous Experience:
Two years experience in maintenance or repair of mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, compressors, etc.). Welding knowledge and experience on carbon / stainless steel is a plus.
Must have the ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS). (Siemens). Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets is an asset.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50#.
Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations 175 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Center Ethanol’s Benefits Package Includes : Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match and Immediate Vesting.
To apply for an open position please submit your resume with salary requirements to: Sandy Frolik, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org